By Jason Katz
Running a business presents many challenges and there is no shortage of work to go around – no matter what size the company may be. But for SMBs and startups, oftentimes employees wear many more hats than those at larger companies and have limited resources. There just aren’t that many people to share the workload with all of the functional areas that need to be addressed – including HR, accounting, marketing, IT and sales tasks. That is why it is more important than ever for smaller companies to ensure that they are working smart, efficiently and saving money wherever possible.
SMBs and startups can leverage technology to help them do more, save money and pave the way for their future growth. As reported by the research firm SMB-Group, 72% of SMB decision makers say that technology solutions can help them significantly improve business outcomes, and 53% plan to increase technology investments.
Not just for enterprises any more
Cloud computing is one area where SMBs can boost capabilities across all of their functional areas. In 2017, we will see more cloud adoption by companies who are looking for increased value all around. The cloud offers SMBs a wide variety of applications that were once too expensive to roll out and adopt. By leveraging the cloud, small companies, mom and pops and startups can revel in the fact they can truly do more – its not just tech or marketing hype. Here are a few functions that the cloud can address for SMBs – it could also eliminate some of the hats!
- File sharing from a central location
- Hosted email – makes it easy to add users, manage functions
- Enablement of secure payments and transactions
- Data backup and recovery
- Access to cloud-based apps that streamline marketing and sales campaigns
- Increased mobility – users can share docs and apps across any device, from any location
- Accounting functionality
- CRM and customer and prospect management tools
Host.net understands that SMBs and startups need flexibility, scalability and a partner that will work closely with them on their unique requirements. We’ve designed our SMB and Startup Packages to offer all of that at an affordable price. Packages start at $99 and include:
- Host.net Cloud services
- Datacenter space (Shared cabinets to private suites)
- Hybrid colocation and cloud solution options
- Cloud-based backup and disaster recovery
- Customized, scalable network solutions
- Managed and professional services
- Consultative approach
- SLA guarantee
Contact Host.net today to receive a free, no-obligation proposal built around your specific needs.