By Lenny Chesal, CRRD
Host.net Chief Evangelist
Disaster Recovery Expert
For businesses in South Florida, disaster recovery is imperative. We are in the midst of hurricane season and, with that in mind, this is the perfect time to share with you the necessary steps to prepare your workplace for a storm.
- Make multiple backups of critical computer data and store them off premises. Keep checks, purchase orders, financial records, and property and vehicle titles off the premises as well.
- Unplug and wrap all electronics in plastic and store in high and dry places.
- Have a communications plan in place and make sure all employees’ emergency contact information is current.
- Take “before” and “after” pictures to aid in any insurance claims.
- Allow employees adequate time to prepare for the approaching storm.
As far as your IT infrastructure goes, Host.net can work with you to design a customized solution to fit your specific requirements and ensure that your data is safe and secure. Our suite of highly available Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DR/BC) services are designed to recover disrupted IT systems, networks, and other critical assets.
If you wish to discuss your business’ Disaster Recovery / Data Back Up strategy, you can contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-388-HOST (4678).
For more information on preparing for a disaster, download FEMA’s Business Toolkit or visit FEMA: Plan & Prepare for tips and further examples of steps you can take to prepare your business.
Above all – plan, prepare and be safe!