Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Reports To: CTO
Status: Full Time
Host.net is a leading colocation, virtual solutions and Internet service provider headquartered in Boca Raton, South Florida looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer to join a great team. Get to work on cutting edge technology delivering first class customer service. If you are a self-starter with a good technical background, smart, hardworking and a team player please apply.
Purpose and Scope
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Systems Engineer is to design, develop, implement and maintain enterprise systems and networks for internal operations as well as for the cloud infrastructure. In addition, the Sr. Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership across the organization and will work closely with the business management team.
- Ability to work independently, without supervision, in a highly SLA’d, customer-facing environment.
- Ability to collaborate with both business and technology departments to design, develop and implement enterprise systems from concept to application.
- Ability to document complex systems and related network support systems.
- Maintenance of all internal and customer facing infrastructure.
- Strive to maintain 100% uptime for all cloud based systems.
- Manage all server and storage platforms used throughout the infrastructure.
- Ability to work proficiently with VMware ESX, and DataCore SANsymphony-V, Fibre Channel/iSCSI/Ethernet connected platforms.
- Routinely monitor, analyze and plan for infrastructure augmentation as necessary to maintain optimal performance service levels.
- Support NOC and engineering with issues as they arise.
- Provide after-hours, on-call, escalation support as needed
- Project management.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing and configuring enterprise systems within complex network and SAN infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with enterprise system server technology such as Dell R series servers and M1000e blade systems.
- Working knowledge of Dell MXL Ethernet and Brocade FC switches.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of storage area networks.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in storage virtualization.
- Some knowledge and experience with implementing and configuring Routers and Switches
- Understanding of Routing and Switching Network concepts (TCP-IP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP4, and VLAN’s)
- Knowledge of VoIP, Cisco Call Manager and Unity.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Microsoft SQL and Exchange systems.
- Must be a quick thinker and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience of managing and designing enterprise systems and networks.
- Datacenter networking experience.
- Current VCP or equivalent experience.
- Current MCSE or equivalent experience.
- Linux server administration experience.
- Experience with scripting language(s), REST API’s, PowerShell.
This job description does not list all duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.