Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Reports To: CTO
Status: Full Time
Host.net is a leading colocation, virtual solutions and Internet service provider headquartered in Boca Raton, South Florida looking for an experienced Sr. Network Engineer to join a great team. Get to work on cutting edge technology delivering first class customer service. If you are a self-starter with a good technical background, smart, hardworking and a team player please apply.
Purpose and Scope
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Network Engineer is to design, develop, implement and maintain Host.net’s network backbone infrastructure. In addition, the Sr. Network Engineer will provide technical leadership across the organization and will work closely with the business management team.
- Maintenance of all internal and customer facing network infrastructure.
- Strive to maintain 100% uptime for all cloud based system networks.
- Ensure 99.999% uptime of core Cisco network.
- Support NOC and Engineering teams with escalated issues
- Routinely monitor, analyze and plan for infrastructure augmentation as necessary to maintain optimal performance service levels.
- Manage MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF and BGP configurations on switches and routers.
- Configuring VLAN’s and Spanning Tree.
- Implementing all type of access lists on Cisco routers
- Manage ASA Firewall
- Manage internal phone system (SIP, PRI, Cisco Call Manager and Unity, Cisco IP Phones)
- Manage internal Cisco wireless network
- Provide after-hours, on-call, escalation support as needed
- Project management
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to work independently, without supervision, in a highly SLA’d, customer-facing environment
- Ability to collaborate with both business and technology departments to design, develop and implement network systems from concept to production
- Ability to document complex networks
- In-depth knowledge and experience implementing and configuring Storage Networks
- Working knowledge of Dell MXL Ethernet and Brocade FC switches
- Working knowledge of Cisco hardware and configurations (6500 series switches, 7600 and ASR 9K series routers)
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA hardware and configurations (5525)
- Working knowledge of Juniper hardware and configurations (MX 480)
- Successful track record in migrating between disparate network platforms
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Routing and Switching Networks (TCP-IP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP4, BGP6, Spanning Tree and VLAN’s)
- Experience with troubleshooting/provisioning/integrating WAN technologies such as Metro Ethernet, MPLS, T1, DS3, OC-X Internet connections
- Knowledge of VoIP, Cisco Call Manager and Unity
- Must be a quick thinker and have the ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience of managing and designing service provider networks
- Current CCNP Routing and Switching or equivalent experience (minimum). CCIE Preferred
- CCNP Security or equivalent experience
- Current JNCIS-SP or equivalent experience
This job description does not list all duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.